Extension to the last blog post Respect for ‘Others’.
Recommendations of movies, books and other resources about gender, gender identity and sexuality (chronicle order).
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994, Australia) starring Hugo Weaving, Guy Pearce, Terence Stamp. [R]
- Boys Don’t Cry (1999, USA) starring Hilary Swank. Trans man. [R]
- Breakfast on Pluto (2005, USA) starring Cillian Murphy. Trans woman. Genderqueer. Crossdresser. [R]
- En Soap (2006, Denmark) Trans woman.
- XXY (2007, Argentine) Intersex.
- A Single Man (1964) by Christopher Isherwood ( “one of the first and best novels of the modern Gay Liberation movement.”)
- Breakfast on Pluto (1998) by Patrick McCabe
- When God Was a Rabbit (2011) by Sarah Winman (I love this book. Beautifully written. Awesome read.)
- La tete en bas (2002) by Noelle Chatelet (Originally written in French, not sure if it has been translated into English.)
- Girl Meets Boy (2007) by Ali Smith
More to be added when they come to me.